Please use the numbers below to reach out for help during a crisis. If you are experiencing an emergency, please call 911.
- Plains Area Mental Health Center (after hours/crisis)
- Siouxland Mental Health Center (after hours/crisis)
- Mobile Crisis Assessment Teams (MCAT)
The Mobile Crisis Assessment Teams (MCAT) provides on-site, in-person intervention for individuals experiencing a mental health crisis. MCAT is a 24/7 program for children and adults that dispatches mental health professionals to homes, schools, ER, law enforcement agencies or other public places where a mental health crisis is occurring. Response time is within 60 minutes of MCAT’s dispatch. The service is available for residents of Buena Vista, Calhoun, Carroll, Cherokee, Crawford, Ida, Sac, Woodbury, Pocahontas, and Humboldt counties. MCAT is accessed through law enforcement, schools, hospitals, and clinics.
- Your Life Iowa (24/7 crisis support in the State of Iowa)
Call 1-855-581-8111 or text 1-855-895-8398
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Call 1-800-273-8255 or for Spanish call 1-888-628-9454
- Crisis Text Line
Text 741741 for crisis help
- The Trevor Project (LGBTQ Crisis and Suicide Hotline)
- Veterans Crisis Line
- National Crisis Line